Sunday, July 11, 2010

SMARTER Sibling Support Group + Camping Trip!

Sorry, I've been busy/lazy/buzy/lasy.

Just a short update because currently I have SO much to rant about, I'd rather not talk about any of it.

Last Friday, SMARTER organised a Sibling Support Workshop for us. I have to admit, the sharing session was quite emotional. Each of us had to share something about our autistic brother/sister. Whoever didn't shed a tear is heartless, heartless I tell you! I realised how we all experienced the same thing with them; criticism from the public, friends' ignorance, parents' high expectations, our own future, etc.

Not all of us were close to our siblings, and it made more difficult for them to share, but it was understandable. Our siblings are the ones who choose who they want to be close with, and I can say that yes, I am close with him, and I'm thankful for that.

The next day, it was camping time! It was my first time going camping, but we got a cabin, with fans, lights, and electrical outlets. So it's not really a camping trip. So what. Still, at night it was REALLY dark though, since there were no lights at all besides on the mini stage. My sisters along with others did a very beautiful hand-mime performance, which I saw the rehearsal of the day before, and I made up my mind to record it, and so I did!

Please watch it. :D I have to fix it up; re-adding the song, enhancing the colours, and adding subtitles just for the heck of it, or else a lot of background noise had actually entered it and the colours weren't really the best.

So here you go!

No comments: