Saturday, April 18, 2009

LP: Reconnected

I used to be a really big Linkin Park fan back in 2005-2006, my "Emo" era. Well, not black-eyeliner, wrist-slitting emo, but I was 14, a very insecure adolescent searching for her place in life. Haha. Yeah, somewhere along to those lines. Linkin Park was my stress-reliever, and I borrowed a pirated version of Meteora which my cousin had (and lost).

But now, so many years have passed and I haven't listened to a single Linkin Park song since then. I drifted away from them, and discovered JPOP. A totally different vibe from the hard sounds of LP.

Anyway, when I was in KK, I saw this.


Linkin Park's Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes.

At first, I was wondering whether I should buy it or not. I mean, I've been disconnected from them for so long, and I wasn't really fond of 'What I've Done'. I thought they softened up too much for 'Minutes to Midnight' and wasn't sure whether this DVD is worth to buy or not. But, I ended up paying RM49.90 for it anyway.

And guess what? I'm in love with them all over again. I listened to other Minutes to Midnight songs that they performed, and damn, I regret not buying that album when I saw it in Singapore! I'm even beginning to love their softer songs, like 'Leave Out All The Rest", "The Little Things You Gave Away", etc. Besides, my all-time favourites were sang too. 'One Step Closer' was such an awesome opening. And 'papercut' turned out to be one of the hidden contents, and I was so happy!

My favourite song from Minutes to Midnight is most definitely 'Bleed it Out'.

I bleed it out, take it deeper
just to throw it away
I bleed it out, take it deeper
just to throw it away
just to throw it away






Please, just ignore that messy pile of DVDs you see.

Besides, I've been feeling a little bit to stressed with life in general since the past few days, and seeing Chester screaming it all out the way I wish I could just consoles me.

The next time I go to a huge CD store, I'll be sure to be on the look out for Meteora and Minutes to Midnight, and probably Fort Minor's 'The Rising Tied' as well. I use to own a pirated version of it, but then again, original versions were really scarce in Brunei at that time, right? Now, I believe in supporting the artists I love by purchasing the original ones.

Which is why I spent almost $200 on Ayu's albums and DVDs last time. :/

1 comment:

Nisah said...

but they won't count it though. but i support original too!!!

u know? one time, when in brunei, aku tanya if the original one ada and they were like,"huh? original...?" with raised eyebrows. lol