Friday, May 16, 2008

>insert cliched emo title<

I hate the posters that go, "DRUGS FAIL YOU IN SCHOOL." I am utterly insulted. Why? Because I don't take drugs, yet I still fail my papers! >:/

We're doing Environment in GP. The other day we were supposed to give spontaneous presentations for some environmental terms. I got "Scarce Resources". My teacher told us to talk about anything that comes to your head. Well, the only thing that came to my head for "scarce resources" was its economical point of view. It's not that I don't care about the environment, I just don't...care. As in, it's not one of my top priorities to put paper in green bins, tins in the yellow bin, and plastic bottles in the red bin and whatever. I can dump everything in the black bin, if that's what I gotta do to save time, seeing how not all three bins are in the same place, in my school at least, unless you count tose three huge bins in the middle of nowhere, or more like, edge of civilisation. And they wonder why they find paper in the yellow bin and tins in the green bin. *rolls eyes*

Tomorrow we're supposed to create a forum among ourselves and represent a country about it's environmental problems. By now, I guess I can see that my GP class isn't exactly cooperative. This is why I don't like my GP class. Every time there is a project, damn. I don't think this one is going to be a success too.

My mum is pushing me towards a degree in Economics. I don't know, the more she talks about it, the more turned off I become. And then today, they were talking about how I could probably take a course in Autism Research thingie as well. Then I tried suggesting a Japanese language course, and then she'd say, "oh, you'll be too busy for that in Uni." DD: Right. When's my turn to decide what I want to do? Not that I know what I want to do, but um, despite my interest in Economics, I'm not good at it, so I don't think I can pursue an Economics' related career, although they're highly demanded. So they will even hire a sucky economist who doesn't even know what the hell she's talking about, just because they desperately need them?

See, this is the thing with us. We're pressured into being intelligent, go through top-ranked universities and get high-paid jobs because that's is the definition of success to them. It's hard being like that.

No comments: