Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya.

A belated Selamat Hari Raya to you, my readers. :)

LOLwhut.

OH HAI.

HALO THAR.

LONG TIME NO SEE, BLOG.

Yes, I say blog, because I know I have no readers, and that I'm just talking to my blog.

Anyhoo, lets just imagine we are a few days back, still in the holiday, still celebrating Raya. Because that's what I would like to talk about now. Stupid school rants ain't getting anywhere in this post.

Anyway, first day Raya. *___* Started off pretty rough, with Udin making tantrums and mum, um, "making tantrums" as well. But all settled when dad got home after the prayers. I gotta be honest, I love my clothes this year. I mean, it's the only time of the year where I don't mind feeling and looking pretty and girly. And also an excuse for me to wear things with heels on my feet. LOL. And I LOVE my clothes this year. I mean, last year was too tacky, but this year, together with my hair....*swoon* I'm in love with myself. XD LIEKOMG I'M A GUUURL.

We went to my grandfather's place first of course. Did the usual get-together, although it seems like with most of my elder female cousins married, they went to their husband's side first. :/ It still has a very cheerful atmosphere though with the kids here and there. Ah, one of the awesomeness of being malay. This family-togetherness thing we have in our blood <3

And then, we went to the other granduncles' and grandaunties' place in Sg. Tilong and this place which name I have no idea of. I am an embarassement as a Bruneian. D: And then, off to mum's side, to Tutong, here we gooooo~ To my cool grandmother yaw. Haha, it's refreshing to hear brunei-fied english, especially when spoken in kampong accent.

"Bah, agatah ambil penaruhan kicap ah, di atas parija tu ya."

And I was like, what? Penaruhan kicap? Parija? And then I realised, oh right, "penaruhan kicap" is "ketchup bottle" and "parija" is...dumDumDUM..."freezer". ROFL

And another well-known brunglish (I'm not sure if that word exists) is "tumas". And my aunt used that word as well.

"Atu bah, tumas ku lakat lagi manaskan aing."

And "tumas" is "thermos".

Haha, kampong life, how I adore you. I don't think I would be able to survive, but having occasional visits never fail to excite me.

No comments: