Sunday, March 08, 2009

Down the rabbit hole, Alice?

Scratch the emo post.

Just now I was on Wiki, wiki-ing some random pages, and then landed on Tim Burton's. Guess what? There's an Alice in Wonderland in production *___* Set to release in 2010, boo. And Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter 8D I bet this movie is going to need special effects, and assuming Tim Burton is going to achieve the same thing like with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, woohoo!

I was disappointed when I found out the movie Alice didn't seem to follow through. Alice is based on the darker version of Alice in Wonderland game, and it looked really promising, but Sarah Michelle Gellar dropped the role. She would've looked good for it, since she looks quite alike with the American McGee's Alice. I wonder how's the progress. You know, probably Christina Ricci would look as good.

So, I love Alice in Wonderland, okay. Especially the poem of the Walrus and the Carpenter. Since I saw there were roles for the Red Queen, White Queen, etc, I'm guessing it's going to follow the Through the Looking Glass storyline? Unless they're going to mash it up with the Alice in Wonderland storyline the way Disney did. Hmm, 2010. Sounds too far away.

No comments: