Saturday, August 23, 2008

Annual Brunei Kendo Dinner

Pasted from Microsoft Word because internet didn't work that day. Wanted to say a few words, turned out sooo long.

The long-awaited Annual Kendo Dinner report! Okay, not like it's long-awaited by anyone. And um, it's not a report. Just want to say a few words about it, I guess. It was such a horrible day, man. At noon, the wind was blowing SO HARD that lots of notes belonging to the Form 5 students who were having their exams and flew away because the left it at the concourse. Way away into oblivion. Seriously, because I don't see most of the notes lying on the ground anywhere.

Anyway, I had to go with Kaza to her place since I wouldn't have any transport otherwise. Ah, I miss going home by bus. It's way more convinient than having to arrive at school at 7.29AM and grabbing a late slip because my class is 3 minutes away from where I was dropped. :/ My, aren't we getting a little bit side-tracked here?

Anyway, had lunch at her house, took a shower, and off we went to Asma Hotel, transport courtesy of Qisu's mum. :) We had to go early because they wanted to make some last-minute stage deco. Never realised how far it was to go to Jerudong from Serasa. It was a really long car ride. 0__o And then I saw the stage. It wasn't ugly, but very plain. And all they had were pink and white ribbon. THE HORRORS. I'm not exaggerating, but looking at pink makes me go all..."X___X". Maybe baby pink would have blended more, but never mind. So I helped. At least, I tried. There wasn't much you could do when you only have ribbons. I guessed I kind of voiced out a little too many "honest opinions". I don't get Bruneians. Or probably humans in general, myself included. They want criticism, yet they try to...

The event itself, well, there wasn't much to say. We had to sit according to our schools except for the comittee and the senpais. I don't like that. I saw alot of old friends yet I wasn't able to interact much with them. We were supposingly formal but...*sigh* Besides, the juniors were huddling around each other. Riku was quiet. Kaza sitting at the comittee table, and I was all...alone. *yawns/bawls* But, hey, at least the emcees, Qis and Keem, did try to make us lively. The only part that I really did enjoy? The band performances. Well, the first one anyway. I had to go by the time they ended. They did a cover on "Glamarous Sky". OMG~ *swoons* Why did I ever stop loving Mika Nakashima? XD And I don't know if it's just me, or does the vocalist somehow resembles Mika Nakashima? It was probably the make-up, eyeliner stuff. But she sounds like her since she's the deep voice type.

Anyway, had to went home right before ourschool performance. Relieved? Yes. Disappointed? Yes. Because ever since that day, the song that we were supposed to sing is haunting my head.

No comments: