Sunday, November 02, 2008

That's

I know I'm in the midst of exams right now, but I really, really can't help but re-watch this chinese series that held a special part in my heart ever since it first existed. Heck, it was my first chinese drama ever. And it's called "Romance in the Rain". I remember how Amanda and I first stumbled upon the series when we were channel-surfing. We saw interesting it was, and decided to watch it, and almost never missed an episode ever since. I was still about 10 or 11 at that time, but I was already into the mushy lovey dramas.

I'm rewatching it online right now, on CrunchyRoll.com, which is basically one of the best places to watch asian dramas and movies. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, they got almost everything. I love the place to bits. It was where I watched my first Ayu video too, and hooked me up with a few korean and japanese series.

So anyway, Romance in the Rain, it's VERY dramatic. Set in the 1940s era in Shanghai, it's main storyline is about the two daughters of an ex-war hero. He has nine wives, but the story focuses on the two last wives, known as 8th Mistress and 9th Mistress. 9th mistress is a beeeech. Well, mainly about the daughters, love triangles, nut cases, blabla. As I said, it's very dramatic. I think the series was made in the late 90s, so they still have that cliche TV effects.

For example, during a moment of suspense, they would have that "dumdumDOOOM" sound along with sudden zoom-in into the shocked character's face. And then during a so-called intense staring match, along with the "dumdumDOOOM", they also switch cameras quickly, moving closer and closer into the characters' face each time. LOL Kind of like this:



But overall, I am getting pretty addicted to the story. I'm loving it so much, until I feel like having the urge to study Mandarin again. I never really got to do it when I was younger, but now, yeah. Mandarin, Japanese, I wish I know them. We even talked about them during Econs. And for the heck of it, I want to learn Spanish too so that I can watch the spanish soaps without crappy malay subs . Haha. Zirah and I learned some chinese characters that Pey Chyi and Ms. Jess taught us when we were supposed to be revising.

Econs class, why must we always get sidetracked so easily? XD

No comments: