Monday, February 04, 2008

IM Charity Evening 2008

Hi! Hi! A belated report from me about IM Charity Evening 2008!

...Okay. Slash that. I'm not reporting anything because I don't remember everything.

So we arrived there around 7. Haven't been to JP Amphitheatre (spelling? D:) ever since the Akademi Fantasia rage few years agp (shut up, the past is the past.) As usual with concerts, they always end up starting later than they're supposed to.

"Reach out, touch a heart" was the theme of the night. I like their logo. The shirt would have been nicer if they put that instead of "Cool Tones SMS 22777".

Anyway, the concert started of with a duet by Hans Anuar and Putri for an acoustic version of "I Will Show You the World". Haha antam title. Anyway, Jonathon played the keyboard! OMG it was awesome! I thought there was an acompanying background music, but turns out it was 100% keyboard music, and he only played with one hand! Cool!

Okay, I don't remember which came first, there was two dance performances by the little SMARTER kids, I don't know, I'm not that familiar with the young ones' names, but I know their faces :D

Muin and Afif made a poem recital called "Don't Shut Me Out Just Because I'm Autistic". I've heard and read the poem before. It's just so touching. T_T

There were also two awesome (I need another adjective here) duets between the singers and the SMARTER kids. The first one was by Faiz and Aidil from SMARTER. Wait, that's his name, right? He's new. They sang...an english song which I'm not familiar with. :P and the kid knows all the lyrics O: Again, awesome. He walked around the stage while singing it.

Next was Fakhrulrazi and Irfan. I like Irfan! He's just sosososo adorable! They sang "Kenangan Terindah". Irfan sort of freaked out in the beginning of the song, covering his ears. But during the bridge, I think, IT WAS GREAT! While Fakhrul Razi was doing the "whoaaaa whoaaa" (LOL) part, Irfan started to sing the words. The combo was awesome. Awww. I was in awe. I simply loved it. Mum told me that during rehearsals Irfan just got so attached to him. So sweet. XD

After that was the normal performances by the artistes. Um. Yeah. Haha. Don't really have much to say for this part.

I've seen other reviews by other bloggers, and even they say it was the SMARTER kids who stole the show. So true in my case. Even Amanda and Qils who were starting the get bored while waiting for the concert to start put their phones away *cough* and cheered on.

Congratulations and thank you to the Institute of Medicine students who organised the event! This should definitely raise the awareness of Autism in Brunei and hopefully this is not the end! I'll continue spreading the awareness through speeches in class as well!! XDDD

No comments: