Saturday, October 20, 2007

SMARTER Kids Raya Event

As the title goes, it was the SMARTER kids of the Brunei-Muara branch Raya Event yesterday.Udin was in it as well. It was more like an activity. They had 3 days of familiarisation before yesterday. I mean, you know how the autistic kids are, they need to be familiarised with the surroundings first. Our house was the second house they went to. My mum only served lemang and rendang for the kids and their parents. What the heck.

After packing things up, we then headed for Qayyum's house. Everyone in our family joined in. It was one of the rare times where the car was packed with all 7 family members. ^^~ At Qayyum's, the usual makan-makan took place. Qayyum's grandma invited us to go to her house next, which was close to Qayyum's house, and then to his uncle's. Haha. Funny. That's it for the morning session.

While dad was out sembahyang juma'at, I watched Running Boy. I really like that story. It's a story about an autistic boy and running. The acting was just so realistic. I know that because, well, I've been around an autistic kid for so long. However, after spending 3 days with tens of other autistic kids, I realised one thing. Cho-won, the guy in the story, is not as hyper as the kids. Is it because he is 20 years old? Well, still, awesome story.

And then, afternoon session's turn. We decided to join in. Let me just summarise it. First house was Qawwim's, and then Irfan's, Faiq's, Adib's and last of all Taufiq's. I'm not sure if I missed any houses out but man, it was hectic. With more than a few kids to handle, whoa. Some were running, some were jumping, some screaming, hahaha. The experience was overwhelming. But it was also fun. Hmmm...I wish I can show you guys the photos right now.

No comments: