Monday, July 09, 2007

STPRI 50th Jubilee Reunion blabla and so forth

So, it has ended yesterday. As it typically goes, everything obviously sucks at first. You have no idea how much I complain to every single person I see. But then comes Kaka Sil on the last week of rehearsal, where everything was changed. The dance steps, the plans, all. Man, Qil and I didn't isolate ourselves from the others anymore and there we were, laughing the past off.

I really don't have much to say. The dance on the real day was 95% perfect, as Man said, if not for the 5% that blew away when one of the dancers forgot her position. But what the heck, it was good. I finally know the name of the song, Mary Hopkins- Those Were the Days.

I don't have any pictures of our performance, which is good, because I have two high ponytails like Boo of Monster Inc, which for then onwards became my new nickname. Yay. I mean, I have thin hair, so when the hairdresser tie it up neatly in two, it was weird. And oh yeah, my hair is short and she tied it up so high that the hair kept on ticking and poking my ear. 0_o

When the function ended, all of us rushed to the changing room, grabbed our shoes and asked everyone in our group to sign in. So, there they are.

Told them to WRITE, not SIGN. But whaddhaheck. XD
Looklook. See who's number you can find on the shoes. X)

So yeah. Now that I think about it, there's not much to say. Honestly, I had fun. At least "the woman" didn't talk much on the last two days of rehearsal and the actual day, right? Or did she? Guess I'm immune already.

Not everyone, sadly D: From L-R, U-D(and that stands for From Up to Down ...XD)
Fitri, Fii, Feeza, Hjh Tiqah, Kaka Sil, Fina, Asfa, Fuza and Ziemah. I didn't bother to put my face in, as well as Man's and Qil's. XDDD

From this event, I totally realise that we shouldn't judge a person from his/her appearance. Yes, I used to be like that, and sometimes still am. Human nature, just cannot change it. I also realised that some people do look the way they act and I hate it. The only regret I have on that day was not being able to come to the my school's carnival. Then again, people said there was nothing fun there. So what the heck.

After the function ended at 5.30pm, we were like talking on how we won't be able to see each other again and stuff, and DUUUUSHHHHH Let's watch a movie tonight! And so we did, we watched Transformers, had a whole three rows all to us, which were the front-est seats, so some of us lied on the floor, it was sort of ours too. XD


Last but not least, the song we danced to. Sure, I thought it was like, "ZHOMFG what the ferk is this?!" But now, it stuck to my head and I ended up downloading it. It also became like OUR song. Haha, some of the lyrics fitted alright for us.



Those Were The Days

by Mary Hopkin

album:

Those Were The Days
(Gene Raskin / RussianTraditional)
Album: Post Card

Once upon a time, there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two.
Remember how we laughed away the hours,
Think of all the great things we would do?

Chorus:
Those were the days, my friend!
We thought they'd never end.
We'd sing and dance forever and a day.
We'd live the life we'd choose.
We'd fight and never lose.
For we were young and sure to have our way!
Di di di di…

Then, the busy years went rushing by us.
We lost our starry notions on the way.
If, by chance, I'd see you in the tavern,
We'd smile at one another and we'd say,

Those were the days, my friend!
We thought they'd never end.
We'd sing and dance forever and a day.
We'd live the life we'd choose.
We'd fight and never lose.
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days!
Di di di di…

Just tonight, I stood before the tavern.
Nothing seemed the way it used to be.
In the glass, I saw a strange reflection.
Was that lonely woman really me?

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we'd choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days!
Di di di di…

Through the door, there came familiar laughter.
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend, we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts, the dreams are still the same.

Those were the days, my friend!
We thought they'd never end.
We'd sing and dance forever and a day.
We'd live the life we'd choose.
We'd fight and never lose.
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days!
Di di di di… [big finish!]



Yep, those were the days, and I am going to miss them.

No comments: