Sunday, December 16, 2007

SMARTER Family Sunday Splash

Okay, I am not exactly sure what it's called. Either it was Family Day, or SMARTER Splash or something. Who knows. Lets just get on with it I am currently feeling pissed, depressed, lonely, whatever.

I woke up at 7AM. Which means I only had at most 3 hours of sleep. Not really looking forward to it, but what the heck, right. Everyone dressed really casually because since there is the word "splash" in the event title, there's obviously going to be water. And with autistic kids around, water normally means swimming. You know, all those therapy stuff. So yay.

It was a hot day. A very hot day. A very, very hot day. Yes. I just feel like dragging that fact. So what. Carried the shirts from the car, which only managed one sale since it is assumed that most of the members already owned that SMARTER shirt. Initially, my sister and I were supposed to be in charge of that. But hey, with three bouncers and two swimming pools (or more like dipping pools, since the pools were at most 4 feet and the kids just basically...dip in it), you just drift away to it.

I was very tempted to just join in the sliding bouncer. I really wanted to. But I didn't bring extra clothes thinking that I'd be able to resist the temptations.

There really was not programme. You just do what you want to do. Dip in, mingle around, grab some grub.

In the end, I did get wet because I like standing bythe pool and some kids just splash the water. And they have some balls in the water, yeah, they threw that at me. yay. Oh, Muin, dude, he is so evil with his younger brother. Muin is one of those high-functioning autsitics kids, if that's the correct term for it, you know, he can talk and communicate and all, yet still have that...thing whcih autistic kids have. Yeah. So with his brother he was like, "Hello little man! *diabolical laugh*" It was even freaking me out. He's big and tall, pulling his brother all the time, and his kid brother, was small, and frail, running away from him, with fear written all over his face. I'd say it reminded me of a giant and one of its victims. The whole thing just amuses me.

And, we were one of the last families to go home because mum helped clean up and forced me to go around with her picked up small, undetectable rubbish because "she can't bend down". Yay.

Pictutes will be put up some other time when my USB cable stops fcking up.

No comments: