Tuesday, August 28, 2007

21st Japanese Speech Contest Singing Performance

Sorry, I did not get the chance to post last Sunday. Or rather, I didn't want to since I was still waiting for the photos Lylah took with her digicam.

I arrived at school around 7.30+a.m. Haha, apparently, my shirt was too...white. We were supposed to wear light brown, but well, I needed to avoid blouses and besides, who cares. Then O saw Froggy, and my reaction? "Holy Shit! She looks like a mum!" And then Lylah came. My reaction? "Holy shit! She looks like MY mum!"

Right. So we went on the bus, all the way to UBD. I sat with kaza and we *chatted* about *stuff*. LOL I can't say much about this part because they are private and confidential. And also because I found out a paparazzi is checking out my blog. You know who you are. And to others out there, I can't help it if most of my afternoons at school are spent with Kaza, and I am not a pedo, mind you. XD

We knew Zaru-senpai and Nadzif-senpai were in the Speech contest. Olivia was also in the contest.

ANYWAY, we got there. We practiced more under in the basement, (LOL it was so dark) and we took pictures there too. We let the Elementary One practice with the radio, while we Elementary Two practiced by ourselves. Saaaad.

When we went back into the hall, who did we see? LOL It was Ali-senpai, and quite unexpectedly.
We sang:
  • Okazaki Ritsuko - For Fruit Basket (This song has been reserved since last year)
  • Otsuka Ai - Planetarium (It was Froggy's Solo, but we sang the chorus together)
  • YUI - Good-bye Days (My favourite YUI song other than TOKYO and Tomorrow's Way :D)
When the Elementary One sang, well, all I can do was bite my thumb. I didnt want to be mean, so I tried to not listen to them. It's the best thing I can do. I guess it just sort of reminded us of our last year's performance, when we were Elementary One. The horrors, mate, was too much.


But I guess we did okay. The confetti during Planetarium caught everyone off-guard, but they clapped. Haha, we tried to sync it with the firework sound during the bridge of the song.

We also saw Lim Han-senpai, who took photos, and had this bangang, have-I-seen-you-somewhere look when he wanted to take a photo of us on stage, focusing at my group which also includes Lylah and Kaza, fellow kendokas. LOL Maybe he didn't remember.

After the performance, we got back to our seats, and I sort of got bored with the event since I couldn't understand a thing the advanced level speakers were saying! Maybe because their language is...advanced. So we looked through Ali-senpai's kendo magazine. SIgh. I fonly we understood what the magazie was talking about. Well, at least there were pictures.

Oli won the Most Otstanding Speech Award for Beginner's Level with her speech topic "My Kendo". Awww. and Zaru-senpai won Most Outstanding Speech Award for Advanced Level with his speech topic "Blue Planet"! Omedetou!

After that, unofficial photo-taking session for us, when the audience were gone. And then we had to sweep the stage because of our confetti. XDD Right.

And then, itadakimasu! LOL the food was nice. After that, Kaza and I gobbled down lots of watermelon. Lylah joined in. A man insisted on us taking the whole thing home. XD When we were on the way out, I was dared to grab another piece of watermelon. Because of my undying love towards watermelon, I did. Besides, it's not like I get to eat watermelon always! I choked o it, and everybody laughed. Turns out ALi was still there and he was staring. Kaza grabbed another one soon after that. XD

Gaaaa...suika ga sukiii!

We got on the bus, back at our original seats, and we looked at the photos. Then, Kaza, Froggy and I listened to YUI - TOKYO. Seriously, that song has a calming effect. Makes me sleepy and calm. Kaza felt the the same way. It's true, you know. That song is so...wow.


Ja, shashin!




Bahaha. Me with the typical peace sign.

Mother #1 and Daughter.
Lylah (Mother #1) and her two daughters.


Mother #1, Kaza, Froggy (Mother #2), Me
Lylah, Anati, Froggy, Maj, Kaza
Kaza, Maj. (Kaza making the infamous sign from Nobuta O Produce. It's the sign that Yamapi would make and say "Konkon!" Did Kaza purposely did that or... :X)




ANd I also got my kendo pictures!






No comments: