Thursday, August 23, 2007

First Time. :D

*Prepare for very long post*

Kyaahooooo~

Today is the 23rd August 2007. Today is one of the most memorable days of my life. Today we had kendo. Today, was my first kendo shiai(kendo match).

At first, I totally rejected the idea of my shiai-ing since the last two weeks because I know I was not ready. I was scared. I was TERRIFIED. Mostly, in my imagination, I can see me standing there, against whoever it was I was fighting against, totally frozen, heart beating faster than that of a cheetah and on the verge of fainting.

Today, as time passed, I couldn't even concentrate in class. Then, I tried to assure myself that Ali will forget that I have to shiai today, or that he'll pick someone else. Things got even worse when I saw Takeshi. I felt like, "Shit. I have to shiai twice?! With both of them?! D:" It was not a good feeling.

After that, Ali asked me if I wanted to wear the bogu. At that time, the only reason I agreed (reluctantly, for that matter) was because CCA is ending and this should be a good way to end it. I just feel sad thinking about it.

Ok, so I felt all panicky and nervous when I first wore the bogu. I was tumbling everywhere I go. My vision was limited. I can't turn my head. The chin pad was directly under my chin, so I can't talk much either. I trained kiri kaeshi. It was much more difficult with the bogu.

I became the receiver for 'men' cut for the day. My god, now I know how the senpais felt, to be hit on the head countless times, especially by the ones who can't control their cuts, it was...irritating. Oh yeah, since it was my first time, they bullied me. Namely-Kaza, Jyn, Naz-boy and Riku. Thanks a lot, guys.

And then, came the time. Well, it wasn't exactly a shiai, but it was still the real thing. Here I was, in a bogu for the first time, and I am going to hit and to be hit for real. Scary, is it not? First, I went up against Takeshi. I didn't know how I feel. The supporting shouts coming from the sides were quite helping, I guess. I wasn't moving. He wasn't moving.

Then, I remembered Kaza's words, "Wake them up. Don't make them feel bored." This was because, last week, during Muafah's first shiai, well, yeah. Gaaaaa.

Anyway, well, he was waiting for me to move. The shyness was somewhat gone, replaced by adrenaline. So I moved. I attempted to hit numerous times. One hit passed through. :D

Totally unexpected. And that is a 'men' cut after I did harai waza. I was expecting him to block, but he didn't and I sort of got a point. I wonder if he did that on purpose or was it really me. Whatever. I just felt good.

Everyone was really amazed. The applause was long and good. I heard "whoa!" "Fuyoo" and all sorts. Wow, how kambang can I get. But I didn't manage another point after that. But still, haha. It felt good.

Then, I rested while Ali shiai-ed with Takeshi. I did mokusou, and then watched the match. Which was sort of useless because I couldn't see much.

After that, I was against Ali. I guess I was quite exhausted, so my movements were more on the 'antam-antam' side.He was ruthless. D: At least I only received one 'tsuki' thrust and managed to block the others. Huhuhu. But still, I tried my harai waza again, I didn't succeed. The fight with him was a little disappointing, to me and to the others watching as well. Oh well, I tried. I have to admit, I did sort of rushed around. I did more defending than attacking. Gah.

After that, after the final group mokusou and rei, it was time for the talks and..how do you say this? Forgive me but I felt so kambang when i got praised for trying. I shall always remember the words "Well done!" coming from him. Hey, maybe to them it was just a formality but I'll just imagine that it came from the heart.

What Kaza and Naz-boy said after that also made me....hey, is there another word for kambang?! They said, for a first-timer, I did good. I don't know how to translate their words here. They said they felt, you know, excited during my shiai. Like, happy when I managed to hit, disappointed when I didn't, haha. Aww. The unexpected successful 'harai men' I did, the 'do cuts' I attempted, as Kaza said, were nice and fast although they didn't hit. That I did not realise because I practically suck at Do. I was just glad what I imagined didn't come true.

Oh yeah. I have a new name right now. Doraemon. Apprently either Lylah or Jyn started it. Thanks a lot. Because they said I looked like Doraemon in the bogu. Seriously. Unbelievable. Am I supposed to feel flattered or insulted? XD

Anyway, pictures and videos are still with Lylah. She brought her digicam. I mean, WTF. Was she expecting this all the time?! XD The pictures weren't clear though, but still. When I have the time, I'll put them up. Maybe even the video. Hmmhmmhmm.

GAAAAA. I still feel it. After CCA, Kaza and I reviewed my mistakes. Too much kote-do. And the harai waza were too big and obvious. My reflexes were slow. Yeah. I don't think there's a chance for me to shiai again some other time. I guess I'll just have to wait, if I do get the chance.

It was fun while it lasted.

Now, I can feel the soreness in my left thumb where Takeshi hit me by accident. there's a little wound too. Well, it was a good thing I clipped my nails this morning, or else it could have gotten worse. Kaza also said to be prepared for a very sore throat tomorrow considering the way I kiai-ed at that time. LOL, her name appeared a lot in this post.

One last thing, I want to thank Kaza on the advices and tips she gave me, though I didn't have the opportunity to apply it.There wasn't a chance. But she did gave me courage. Along with the others during the fight. Thank you thank you~

Ja, long post has ended. BAHAHA.

/Edit/ I just realised that when I re-read this post, the words weren't really the ones I'm looking for. The feeling is just indescribable, I guess. All I can say is "GAAAAAA~ :DDD"

No comments: