Wednesday, February 14, 2007

W0oT

I learned some Dusun words today~~~~~hahaha

Grandfather- Inni (no it's not a typo. It is Inni.)
Grandmother- Yadu
Father- Yapa (lol reminds me of Kappa XDD)
Mother- Ina

I even joked that I'm gonna start calling my parents Yapa and Ina. It's sooo strange. XD I asked this since I was always confused, on my dad's side, I only have my grandfather left, which we call Ni Aki, and our late grandma, we called her Mama Aji. Don't ask why, we have no idea. But on my mother's side, I have three grandparents. One grandfather and two grandmothers. No, my grandpa did not married twice, the other grandmother is the sister to my mother's mother, whom we visit more frequently, since mum was given to her when she was a baby, due to their financial issues. Since all we ever said like, "Babu, ke mana ni? Nini lamunin(real grandma's sister) or nini yang...babu punya babu or nini laki yg babu punya babah?" See...very confusing. SO now, since I know the dusun(ese?) terms, I shall hereby call Nini lamunin as Yadu Lamunin, and my actual grandparents as Inni and Yadu. Not that I ever actually call them anyway. The last time I saw them was during my uncle's wedding. Just went to them, salam-salam, and went away. We have no idea at all. Yes, my family and I are more closer to Yadu Lamunin *tries to stiffle a laugh* then our actual Inni and Yadu.

BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE!!!
*does another chicken dance*

No comments: