Monday, November 26, 2007

CfBT Charity Run

I woke up at 6AM. Dad made us do that because we had a charity run to go to which started at 7AM. We headed for Serasa Yacht Club for the starting point. There was an option of 2KM, 5 M, and 10KM walk, run or cycle. I chose the 2KM walk. The people in the 2KM walk were the either the unfit, the lazy, or those who just wanted to well, take a walk. I was all three of them. Hey, at least I joined. For the benefit of SMARTER Brunei. XD

So anyway, when we got there, the event had just started so with no stretching whatsoever, I joined with my whole family except for Udin. I thought it would have been great if Udin had joined us since he likes to walk outside. But I guess it was too early for him and he's still asleep. He would have gone berserk if we tried to wake him up early. HAHA

And so blablabla, while listening to some songs, I walked and walked and walked. It was definitely not fresh air that I inhaled because some fish mongers were out there doing business. Booo.. And, soon as we reached the finishing point, which is back at the yacht club, we were given breakfast coupons, and then we lined up for breakfast. By that time I was already really sleepy and grumpy. And then blabla we ate breakfast, had a little speech from one of the CfBT people and from Uncle Malai.

I realised it was already 9 plus so I nudged Dad so that we can go. I had asked him to drop me at Kaza's place so that he doesn't have to go all the way to Rimba to drop me off to training.
We were in Serasa after all and just few minutes later, heck, I don't even think it was 5 minutes when we manage to find Kaza's house. So I took my stuff, changed into my gi and hakama and by the time I finished, Pau came.

I played Dynasty Warriors in the car using Kaza's PSP, but I can't see much X( And off we went to training. At training, we were back to basics. Yay, I am happy. It's just that I still bsically suck at basics especially Do cut, the cut to the abdomen. I don't know why but I still suck. And we had to do a friggin Do marathon, as in, hitting he Do on your opponent on both sides until you reach the end of the hall, and reverse. Gah. Kept on hitting the body instead of the armor. XD Gomen Shiro said to not lose eye contact. Problem is, while I was hitting his do, he kept on having this smile because of my mistakes, which made me laugh and basically lose eye contact. Dammit, be serious, will you, even though it was friggin obvious that I was making mistakes.

Yeah, and then we did kiri kaeshi. As the attacker, I can say that I don;t suck THAT much, I think, except for my footwork. Too short. XD, but as the receiver, I suck. I totally suck.

And theeeen, break. But we didn't take a break. Just...played around. The senpais were in the other squash hall and we got the space to ourselves. Yay. Had a kiai match with Fizu. And then, the stomachache started. Must be because of all the kiai-ing, but maybe also because my period =/

Haha I just have to explain this because this is so awesome. Riku, Pau, Far and Hafiz had a cool idea. I'll just let eh illustrations explain. (The illustrations were made just when I did this post, so hope you don't mind and understand it.)
This is the original position, Okay, actually this is the chuudan no kamae. Aeriel view.
Fizu and Pau will do the sayu men hayasuburi while RIku and Far will find a chance to enter.
Once Pau and Fizu raises their shinais, Riku and Far will do the Hayasuburi. So both pairs bsically alternate with eachother.

As you know, hayasuburi is done at a high speed, so it was not easy to synchronize with all three partners. But in the end, they managed it. It was a spectacular sight. Even I was getting butterflies in my stomach just watching. Wish the others were there. They were in the other hall watching the senpais shiai-ing. When they finished, I clapped my hands enthusiastically. Kaza, Eddie and Nadzif-senpai who were also there clapped their hands. It was such a memorable moment. XD I tried doing it but nah, not yet. Maybe one day. I mean seriously, don't you think that's a good training technique? You get to get used to sync with your partners and at the same time increase your speed, you know, like if your partner is faster than you or slow you can try to catch up or slow down accordingly and maintain. It is just so awesome. Wonder what the senpais would say if they saw it. Hope it wouldn't mean breaking the rules or something like that. I want to try to do it too!

Yeah, and then some time later, the training ended. The people left were Riku, Kaza, Pau, Fizu, Cahya, Far, Eddiemaru (XD doesn't eddiemaru sound better than Maru?) and me. Maru complained that his parents always picked him up late so we stayed with him. Hah it was late alright. We didn't mind since I was going with Pau anyway, and Cahya and Far got their own cars.

But then, even after he was picked up, we still hung around the cars and stuff, telling stories. I was so thirsty and hot I desperately gulped Kaza's bottle of WATER down. EWWWW so people, congratulate me for drinking water. XD Haha and we didn't realise that the time was already 1.30PM. We went into the cars in a rush, and since the others in the car were feeling hot and thirsty as well, they decided to stop by at my house for some drinks. And Kaza needed some ice for her arm. It was red because of her shiai. So yeah.

At my house we stopped. I decided to let the use the downstairs area, the area where we normally use for functions and hence it looked clean and tidy. XD The aircond at the dining area did not work, so I took them to my living room where we sat around the table and had iced milo and sarsi. They each took a packet of keropok ayaym (you know, the very delicious one in green packet with a drawing of a chicken in the front, I forgot the brand) and since we have the privacy we much needed, stories poured. Riku was busy pairing us up with every kendoka she can think of, because she wanted more kendo couples, what ever that term means. XD And Pau and Kaza told us what happened to them on that particular night with a particular person. Blarrr.

They went home with their thirst satisfied and good thing they helped me carry the stuff to he kitchen. lol sorry for not being...um, a good host. XD

1 comment:

Keronsa said...

Maj, depressing blog mu ani ah oh tidaaaaakkkkkk hahaha eksenku bah. Pi aku demotivated sdh kn mengomen psal ko buat urg yg menomen ni dead huhu. Bh atu sja dulu nanti2 lagi ku melawat.

*cba ko teka aku sapa XD*