Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kitchen Disaster.

I BURNT THE FRICKIN CHICKEN.

Mum told me to cook this morning. But Anti Min wasn't there so I called her. I decided to cook chicken with oyster sauce. As usual, my screams are audible throughout the house as the oil "reacted violently" with the garlic and ginger I put in. I mean, I was expecting the oil to do that, but I was obviously still scared. Then I put in the onions, the chilli, chicken, some water and finally oyster sauce with the salt.

Then, I left it to cook. To play the my sister's PSP. For the next....20 minutes? Suddenly I smelled something like toasted bread. I wasn't that far off. It was the smell of burning chicken. XD So I rushed to the kitchen and tried to save the chicken. Only the surface of some pieces were burnt though. But most of the water evaporated. HAHA I remembered my maid telling me to add water to this almost burnt sausage I made, as she said it was to moisten it back? SO I thought the same thing would do for chicken. Bad results. The burnt parts of the chicken mixed with the water and gave a bitter, burnt taste to the gravy. But the taste of oyster sauce was stronger though. XD

My dad called after that to check up on me and I wailed..."IT'S BUUUURRRNNNNTTTT!!!! I DON'T THINK EVEN THE CAT WANTS ITTTT~!!!"

But he calmly said, "it's okay, we all learn from mistakes."

That's it. Then, when they all got home, the chicken was served, along with some last minute veggies I cooked. My mum lectured me. No surprise about that. Haha.

I now agree with Froggy's saying, "When the cook a stressed, the food cooked will be bad." LOL I was stressed because I hate oil because it's scary and I don't like it. Then when I cooked the veggies, I was stressed because of the burnt chicken. Overall, the whole thing was bad. I should never cook unsupervised ever again.

1 comment:

Keronsa said...

Sayang ayam eh~ ;p