Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nitta-sensei's Farewell Party

Gaaaa....kanashii da yo~

Ehm, so we've been practicing since the past 3 days for the song Home Sweet Home by Yuki. The practices were sort of dull, because almost nobody came, damn it. But today, thankfully, everybody did, do we finally had a decent practice.

We moved on to the Residence of Ambassador of Japan at around 1++PM. Cool place. Not really all japanese-y, but there were some of the parts where it was japanese-y. Haha. It felt awkward at first, since we, well, were in an AMBASSADOR'S house. Of course, in our mind, ambassadors are normally the no-nonsense, strict, cold, serious, formal and all that typical attitude of a middle-aged man. We wore shoes in there, and we didn't want to step on the carpet, so most of us were lined around the carpet, subconsciously. That's why his first question when he arrived was, "Why are you all standing beautifully around here?" XD It was a very casual arrival and stuff, and other than us, there were not more than 10 people over there, so it was cool.

And then he spoke in japanese, and although we learn japanese, we were unable to translate what he said since he said it so quickly. XD But I didn't really want to show my "huh?" look, so I tried to answer as much as I can, with the very few japanese words I can think of at that time. "Yasashi desu." "Sukoshi desu." and all those stuff ending with "desu". Kept on reminding myself to use "desu" too. Must be formal, we are talking to a japanese person of higher ranking, that's what I keep on reading on the internet. Hahaha. But then, he talked about animes with us! and explained to us the difference between the particle "wa and "ga". He should be Nitta-sensei's replacement. XD

And OMG there was sushi! For free! XD I miss sushi, but I just can not seem to afford them for the time being, so it was very refreshing. Me, Froggy, and some form twos get to sit with Mr.Hashimoto the ambassador, our principal, Mr. Ogihara (whose name keeps on reminding me of onigiri, which makes me feel VERY guilty D:) and a very sweet, japanese lady in purple whose name I forgot. I felt guilty because of that since she was very friendly. She asked me what's my favourite japanese song and the first thing that came to mind was "Domoto Koichi- Kagen no Tsuki" And she was like laughing and tapping my shoulders and said, "yeah, I like Koichi too! I prefer him over Shuichi!" XD So yeah, we talked about Kinki Kids. Weeeeird. But I don't feel awkward anymore.

Then, Froggy was nervous about her solo, Beatiful World. Kept on going to the toilet. Then, I began to feel awkward again because Mr. Ogihara was sitting next to me. I was embarassed because Nitta-sensei told them that I took kendo as well, so they shot many questions towards me. About how long I've been taking kendo, who teaches me kendo, how much do I like kendo, how good am I at kendo. One of them didn't even know that there was already kendo in Brunei.

And then, eating time. Of course, with the stereotypical japanese in mind, I took just a few pieces of sushi, just to be polite, haha. But then, noticing even the ambassador himself took many rounds around the food table, so what the heck. And boy, was I stuffed. My cravings for sushi fulfilled, the sushi tray almost empty, everybody was happy. Although I wish I could take the leftovers back home. XD

And after some more conversation with the ambassador and the em...embassy officers? it was time to sing. Oh gawwwwwd. Haha. It was emmm...okay? I don't know. Twas horrbile~!! Antah eh. And there comes out my malay. XD

After that, a photo-taking session. And then some informal photo sessions. All too soom, it all ended. I had this conversation with Nitta-sensei.

Me: Ja, sensei, sayounara(goodbye)! *bow*
Sensei: Iie, iie, ja mata(no, no, see you)!
Me: Sou desu ne, sayonara ja nai! Ja mata...raishu? (Right, not goodbye, see you...next week?)
Sensei, including the others who were nears laughed.

Well, you see, it's just that, after every lesson, we would say, "mata raishu, sensei.(see you next week, sensei)" So yeah. That's the point behind the conversation. X( I very sad.

And then on our way out, the ambassador casually send us out and said "come again, come again!" And no idea why, I was the unlucky victim who got slapped at the back by him. *cough* yes, very friendly. I thank Liilah and Katak who were there to prevent me from falling from the effect. XD He was also a strong hand shaker. XD

Anyway, here are the photos we took. :(
Look, the carvings on a table, it is depicting a war. Not clear due o reflection from the lamp.
Also the same table. It looked hard enough to carve those scenes, mean. That craftsman got my respect.
Darn, it's blurry. But it was really pretty. I assume this is ikebana. They used axora flowers with palm leaves and...no idea what those other leaves are.
Nitta-sensei and me (Shuttup, just llok at her, not me.XD)This is just put here for cuteness purposes.

I am still waiting for Anis to send me the other phots. Hurry uppppp~!!!

No comments: