Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dreams...

Last night, I couldn't sleep. Everyone else was. So, I decided to go channel-surfing. Went through all the documentary channels, but all were re-runs of the documentaries I've watched before. And nothing fun was on disney, nick, cartoon network, or animax. Yes, cartoons. So, nothing to watch, I went to MTV. Hah, bored like hell. Anyway, MTV Made was on at that time. You know, the program where they transform class clowns, geeks, misfits yadiyada to prom kings, cheerleaders lala. And in that episode, it was about this guy, class clown, named Dylan, who no one has ever taken seriously. Poor dude. He wanted to be a fashion designer, since his parents are like graphic designers and advertising...something. Well, his family is okay, no rebel whtsoever. But friends, haha. Anyway, he really wanted to be a fashion designer, so with his coach, he trained and trained for the upcoming competition, and sometimes he almost gave up, then he worked hard again and yes, he won the competition. His last words before the ending credits were somethingsomething, I can't remember, but he did say "But if it's about my dreams, I'll work hard for it." ANd yeah, it touched me. Before that, for school, he never worked har, never cared about anything...and he did it. Which all comes down to one question..."What's my dream?"

I may be thinking too much, but somehow, I realised I have no dream. My dad wants me to be an economist, mum wants me to diet, what do I want? Hmmm...I can daydream. A lot. But of useless stuff. Never, never did I ever daydreamed of myslef as a successful something. Never did cared. I am easily motivated, but for a short term only, usually. I'mmore easily demotivated, anyway. My school results are obviously deteroriating, I know I can do something about it, but I just don't. I kinda lack the motivation. Which is sad. And as many youngsters do these days, I procrastinate a lot too. You could also say that I'm the type who, "cares about tommorow, tommorow." And tommorow goes on forever. Hmm. So, do you guys have a dream already?

No comments: