Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kendo Workshop: Stress, Blisters, FUN

For seven hours straight this morning(including the 1/2 hour break, since we still use that for our own practice), the 11th of March, I had the time of my life. And that was....the kendo workshop. It was held at the Rimba multipurpose hall (very icky btw) and yes, only a few from MS came. How sad. But my god, the training was...was...heh. I don't know how to describe it. Some were the normal men-cut, kote-cut(cut to the wrist)....we even did somethingsomething-waza. Those were one of the few words I can clearly hear from the senpai who's screams were echoed by the hall. I learnt a new cut too, the cursed do-cut(cut to the abdomen). It was seriously hard. They kept on saying, "Don't hesitate." "Take it easy. Slowly." And yadiyada. The point is I was hesitant and I rushed. Gah. I mean, I was really afraid of actually poking them in the stomach if I was too near, which was what I felt most of the time, although they were wearing armours, so I'd usually move aside a little bit to early. Damn. Haha. I also get to improve my men-cut(cut to the head) with some of the senpais during our break. Seriously, I'd really prefer a one-on-one practice. Where I don't have to rush thinking that someone else is behind me and stuff. Oh yeah, something out of topic, Man called me during the break to help her in some photo manips to prove to her boyfriend that she wasn't lying, and then she was planning to break up with him. Wtf. Love- do not fall for it. Wtf. Anyway, Sigh. I really had fun. and pain too. Blisters, man! Dragging your feet on the floor all the time gives seriously unthinkable pain. And seiza(that's...the duduk antara dua sujud type of duduk XDD)....gosh. I will never get used to that. Sitting on your legs FOR MORE THAN THE MINUTES...not my way of relaxing. and I can't kiai. I can't! Well, unless when i;m doing the cuts, then I will. but when they made us show our kiai(that's the screaming part....) during the intro, I just can't, 'cos I can't really feel the stress, y'know. wth. Well, this senpai reminded us of the main points you should remember for kendo. So, I;m going to note it down here, so that I can remember it as well.
  1. Self-awareness: Be aware of your surroundings, your opponent, your partners, and YOURSELF.
  2. Self-motivation: Must motivate yourslef. Do not get distracted.
  3. **Self-Discipline: Most important fundamental of kendo. If you are disrespectul, that is to yourself, to your shinai(bamboo sword), to your opponents, and most importantly to your senpais and senseis, you will never improve.

Man, I just hope this blog won't get deleted or anything. I will be sad if that happened and that means I won't be able to remind myself of these stuff anymore.

Now, I shall move away from the PC....ECONOMICS, dammit!!!!

No comments: